RW - Banner - EWS1 MP


Leaseholders and shared owners

If you are a shared ownership customer or a leaseholder, Redwing (via our parent, The Regenda Group) will arrange your buildings insurance as part of your service charge. This is something that we are obliged to provide and is detailed in your lease.

As part of this policy, you benefit from increased cover at a reasonably priced premium. The contract is procured via a tender process every 5 years to ensure we continue to provide value for money to our customers.

Apartment block door

About your buildings insurance

Your buildings insurance is currently provided by Protector Insurance Services and covers your property for a range of hazards such as fire, storm and flood, escape of water, and malicious damage.Please see the product information document at the bottom of this page for more information.

If you are in the unfortunate position of your property suffering damage, you may be able to make a claim via the buildings insurance policy. As you are the owner of your property it is your responsibility to report any damage to insurers as soon as possible to help mitigate any further damage or issues. If you do need to make a claim it is recommended that you contact your Property Manager to let them know there has been an incident. This is especially important if you live in an apartment as neighbours may also be affected.

When you make a claim you will be assigned a Claims Handler who will provide you with all of the information you need to know. You will be responsible for arranging a contractor to remedy any repairs that form part of the claim. In some circumstances the insurance provider can offer the services of their approved contractors – however please be aware that it is often quicker for you to arrange your own contractors directly.

It is important to be aware that we are not responsible for insuring the contents of your home. This is something that you are responsible for so please ensure that you have adequate insurance cover in place for all your personal and household items. In some circumstances you will need to make two insurance claims, one for the damage to your building and one for the contents.

Please be aware you will be responsible for paying the insurance excess. The amount payable is included in the insurance summary

Making a claim

If you do need to make a claim please call 0161 274 9077, and quote policy number 3323759

Policy documents

Proof of insurance, including policy number, renewal date, and summary of cover, can be downloaded below.

Leaseholder Summary of buildings cover 2023