We welcome your views and opinions

We use your feedback to understand what we are getting right, what we are getting wrong and where we can improve.

We treat all complaints confidentially, respectfully and fairly so please get in touch.

The Housing Ombudsman has published a new Complaint Handling Code, which all landlords must publish a self-assessment against. You can find our latest self-assessment here:  Housing Ombudsman Complaints Code December 2023

You can find the full Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code here The Housing ombudsman's Complaint Handling Code

View our Customer Feedback Policy

What is a compliment, comment or complaint?

Compliment: complimentary feedback about our services. We welcome all types of feedback and our staff particularly enjoy receiving compliments, especially when they know they have made a customer happy.  Please let us know and we can pass on your thanks!

Comment: general feedback about our services which may include ideas, suggestions and solutions about how we could improve our services.  Your comments about our services may be used during policy reviews so please let us know if you have any ideas about how you think we could do things better.

Complaint: an expression of dissatisfaction. This could be about the standard of our service, or perhaps you feel we have not delivered the services to agreed standards, quality or timescales.  Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong and we encourage you to let us know when this has been the case so we can put things right and hopefully prevent it from happening again to you or another customer.

How can I feedback?

We value your feedback. When you comment, complain or compliment, you’re telling us what we’re doing right and where we can improve our services.

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to provide feedback, so there are lots of different ways to get in touch:

You can:

  • Call us on 0344 736 0063
  • Email info@redwing.co.uk
  • Log into The Hub at https://www.redwing.co.uk/the-hub
  • Write to us at Redwing,16 Duke Street, Liverpool, L1 5GB
  • Go to our office and speak to a member of staff
  • Send us a message through our Facebook page, Twitter channel or Instagram 

Whatever way to choose to contact us, we want to hear from you. Your feedback makes a real difference to the services we provide.

What we do with feedback

First Time Resolution

When we receive your complaint, we will aim to resolve it when you first tell us that you are unhappy with our service; this is referred to as a First Time Resolution. We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and aim to provide a resolution by the 5 working days.  

If we can't resolve your complaint at First Time Resolution, we will escalate your complaint to Final Resolution of the complaints process.

Final Resolution

We will agree a date with you to respond by, keep you informed of progress and give you the name of the Manager who is investigating your complaint. They will look at all the issues you have raised and will aim to respond within 15 working days.

We will contact you by telephone, letter or a home visit to discuss your complaint in more detail, to make sure that we understand why you are unhappy with our service, before providing you with a written response.

Next Steps

At any point throughout our complaints process, you may take your complaint to a Designated Person. A Designated Person can be a Member of Parliament, a Local Councillor in the area where you live, or a recognised residents’ panel. They will try and help you resolve your complaint locally.

If you are unhappy with our final response you can take your complaint to either the Housing Ombudsman Service or the Property Ombudsman Service.

The Housing Ombudsman Service is set up by law to look at complaints about housing organisations that are registered with us, including housing associations and local authorities.

Housing Ombudsman Service

PO Box 152
Liverpool L33 7WQ

0300 111 3000


The Property Ombudsman is a government approved scheme to provide independent redress in relation to disputes between consumers and property agents.

The Property Ombudsman          

Milford House

43-55 Milford Street



01722 333 306

You normally have up to 12 months from the date of our final response to refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman, and 6 months to the Property Ombudsman - although it is preferable that you do so as soon as possible.


How are we performing?

Take a look at our 2022/2023 Customer feedback Complaints and Compliments poster which details our performance on complaints for the most recent period:

View our: Complaints Poster Sept 2023

Getting independent help

If you need help or advice or want someone, such as relative, a friend or an adviser, to act on your behalf, you can do this if we have your permission to talk to them.

If you need help to find an adviser who is independent you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau, Housing Aid Centre, Local Law Centre, a solicitor, your local Councillor or your Member of Parliament. You can find contact details for these in local directories or on the internet. Even if your complaint is still going through our process you can contact the Housing Ombudsman or Property Ombudsman for advice, they are unlikely to investigate your complaint until we have provided a Final Response, but they may be able to offer advice.

IFF Research Partner

Please note that in order to continuously improve our service to our customers, once your complaint has been dealt with, you may be selected at random to complete a survey with our independent research partner IFF Research.  If selected for the survey, telephone your contact details will be shared in line with our Data Privacy Notice.  IFF Research will contact you by telephone and the caller number that will appear will be 0203 148 7717

If you do not wish to be contacted for the survey, please let us know and we will ensure that your details are not shared, and you will not be contacted.