Redwing - resident hub FAQ banner

Resident Hub FAQs

As a Redwing Living leaseholder or tenant, we're committed to provide you with a positive living experience. We've put together a quick guide to some of the questions we're most commonly asked below. If you don't find the information you need, please call us on 0344 7360063, and your property manager will be happy to help.

What is included in my management fee?

The management fee is an annual charge, and covers the costs of providing services to your development. These include staffing services, such as your property manager, and back office staff such as our finance team, who prepare invoices and costs. You can find a breakdown of your management fee here.

How much is the service charge for my development?

Our Resident Portal will soon allow you to view and pay your service charge, alongside audited accounts, in real time online. You can find your current service charge and the audited accounts for the previous financial year by contacting your property manager, please call 0344 7360063.

Why do I pay the full cost of repairs to my property when I only own a percentage?

If you own a share in a house, you are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the inside and outside of your home. If you own a share in a flat, you are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the inside of your home and you and your neighbours are responsible for the maintenance to the outside of your home. This is paid for through your service charge, regardless of the percentage of share you own. Redwing Living does not contribute to any ongoing costs for the running of the development.

How can I claim on the buildings insurance?

If your property is damaged and you think you have a claim, you must contact our insurers as soon as possible. If you are unware of their contact details, or your policy number, contacting your property manager.

What do I do if I have an issue with my neighbour?

All residents have the right to enjoy their home free from nuisance or anti-social behaviour. However, we are aware that neighbour disputes can arise. These can include loud music, nuisance pets, parking issues or verbal and physical abuse. We will support you through the issues you are experiencing, and can provide a mediation service to resolve any issues if required. In addition to the help that we will provide, we will also signpost you to other agencies that can help, such as the police or environmental health.

My smoke alarm doesn’t work properly. What should I do?

If the alarm is battery operated, you are responsible for replacing the battery. If it is hard wired, please contact us on 0344 7360063 and we will arrange a repair. If you aren’t sure if the alarm is hard wired or battery operated, please contact your property manager and we’ll be able to advise.

Who do I contact if I have a problem in the evening, or on a weekend?

You can call us on 0344 7360063, and a member of our out-of-hours team will be happy to help.

Do you put carbon monoxide alarms in all properties?

No, we only fit carbon monoxide alarms to properties that have certain appliances in them, and where we are responsible under the terms of the lease.

Am I allowed to put a shed in my garden?

If you have your own garden, you are permitted to have a shed. However, it must be of sound construction and it must blend in to the surrounding areas. You will be responsible for it, and we reserve the right to dismantle it at any time in the future. If you share a communal garden, you will need to apply to us for permission.

Am I allowed a pet?

This depends on the type of lease you have. The general rule is that if you live in a flat where there is an internal communal area, you won’t be able to keep a pet. If you live in a house with your own garden, there shouldn’t be a problem. Please contact your property manager to find out whether you require permission or not.

Can I sublet my property?

We will not generally give permission for subletting, including sites such as AirBnB. This would usually be against the terms of your lease. However, it may be considered in certain circumstances. Please contact us if you are considering subletting your home, providing full details of your circumstances, and we can advise.

Can I make alterations to my property?

Yes, you can make minor alterations to your property, such as replacing the bathroom, kitchen or adding a conservatory. Our permission is required for any other home improvements. Permission will not be given for any structural alterations to apartments, but may be considered in the case of houses and bungalows. You can find full details of our requirements here, or by contacting your property manager.

Do you maintain trees, or cut them down if they are a nuisance?

We will maintain trees that are in communal gardens. If the tree is in your garden, then it is your responsibility to maintain it.

I have pests in my home. What do I do?

Please contact the Environmental Health Department of your local council for any issues around pests.