Coronavirus FAQs


Coronavirus (COVID-19) important information.  

Your health and safety is our top priority. We are doing everything we can to keep you safe and protect the services that are important to you. If you or a member of your household are self-isolating as a result of a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus, please let us know. The government has produced guidelines for households with a possible Covid-19 infection, which can be accessed by clicking here 

On Monday 4 January 2021, England was placed into a new national lockdown with guidance to stay at home which came into effect immediately. You can find a full list of the current restrictions here 

The government have advised that, if you are clinically vulnerable you must begin shielding again. The government is currently sending letters to those who are clinically extremely vulnerable. This letter is to inform you of the new guidance that will be in place for you, this can be accessed by clicking here.

If you live in the Liverpool City Region, are a frontline worker and have wider symptoms of Covid-19 (diarrhoea, persistent headache, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, nausea or vomiting), please consider a symptom free Covid-19 test. You can find details of symptom free test centres here. If you are not a frontline worker, there should be no reason for you to need a symptom-free test during lockdown. However, you will not be turned away if you attend.

We are closely monitoring government advice and as the situation evolves and making changes to our services accordingly.

View our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below, or if you have read our FAQs and have not found the answer to your question, please call us on 0344 736 0063.


For the latest health advice please visit:

NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19)


For our risk assessments:

Redwing Coronavirus Risks


This page was last updated 12/02/21


Paying my rent and service charges 

Help with benefits

Repairs service

Government support

Property management

Anti-social behaviour

Domestic abuse


Sales and lettings

Stamp duty holiday

Suppliers and contractors


Paying my rent and service charges 

Will I still need to pay my service charges?

Yes, there will be no change to your service charge. 

You can view your service charge balance and pay online using The Hub or call our customer contact centre on 0344 736 0063.

If you are an existing customer and would like to register to use the Hub, you can do so here:

Will service charges be effected?

Your service charge remains the same.  Although some services have been limited or changed due to government guidance during lockdown, we will ensure that you and your property receive the same value of service by the end of the year.

If you have not received the appropriate number of visits from our contractors by the end of the financial year (April 2021), we will return this as a credit into your next years’ service charge.

Detailed records of service visits which have been made or changed in any way are kept by us and we will make sure you only pay for services you have received.

If you are having difficulty paying your service charge or rent please get in touch to see how we can help via 0344 739 0063 or email

I am having trouble paying my rent/charges, what should I do?

We understand that some residents might experience financial difficulty during this time, and our financial inclusion team are here to help. We recognise that these are difficult times and will do all we can to support you, If you can’t pay your rent for any reason, you should contact us as soon as possible on 0344 736 0063. We’ll provide advice, support and guidance to you if you’re having difficulty paying your rent. This can include putting payment plans in place or supporting you to claim benefits you’re entitled to.

The Government has extended statutory sick pay to people affected by coronavirus. However, if you're not eligible for it, we’d urge you to claim Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance – and we’ll help you do that if you need us to.

If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020, you could be eligible for a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment. Click here to find out more about the NHS Test and Trace Support Payment. 


Help with benefits

The government has released new information on the support available if you have lost your job or are unable to work:

Click here to find out more about the support is available if you were unemployed and have lost your job due to Covid-19

Click here to find out about the support available if you are employed but cannot work (furlough)

I have lost my job - what benefits am I entitled to claim?

If you have worked in the past three years and have paid National Insurance contributions, you may be able to apply for New Style Jobseekers Allowance (JSA), even if your partner works or you have savings over £16,000. Click here to check your eligibility for New Style Job Seekers Allowance

If you are not fit to look for work, you may be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Click here to check your eligibility for Employment and Support Allowance 

If you are not already receiving Housing Benefit, you can apply for Universal Credit for help with your rent and to support any children you might have. Click here for details on how to claim Universal Credit 

Universal Credit will also provide help with personal costs if you are not eligible for New Style JSA or ESA. You can request an advance on your Universal Credit payment of up to one month as soon as you make a new claim.

Click here to visit the Department for Work and Pensions website to find more information on Universal Credit 

If you have been made redundant, information about available support can be found by clicking here 

I have been furloughed - what can I claim?

If your employer has advised that you are being furloughed (unable to come into work but still being retained as an employee and not sick or self-isolating), then they should be able to claim 80% of your wage costs from the government, up to a maximum of £2,500 per month. You should therefore be able to continue receiving your wages at this rate and should speak to your employer about this. This should also be available to zero hour contract employees, based on their regular earnings. The furlough scheme has been extended until 30 April 2021, so you should continue to receive 80% of your wages until this date.

If you have already spoken to your employer and still need additional financial support, please refer to the advice given above on claiming JSA, ESA or Universal Credit. 

I am self-employed - what can I claim?

The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) will see grants increase from 55% to 80%, with the third grant covering November to January calculated at 80% of average trading profits, up to a maximum of £7,500.

Further information on the self-employment support scheme can be found here.

Tax instalments due to HMRC now can also be deferred until 2021.

Need further help or advice?

Claiming the right benefits or grants that are available to you can often be confusing and worrying, especially at this difficult time. If you need any advice or support or are worried about paying your rent or service charges, please contact 0344 736 0063 or email where one of our specialists will be happy to help you to get back on track.


Repairs service

The health and safety of our residents and staff remains our number one priority.

All repairs are being carried out as usual but like everyone during this time, our trades staff have to follow government advice around self-isolation. In the event that we need to alter your appointment or current repair due to Covid-19 safety requirements, we will let you know as soon as possible and organise a new appointment at a time that is convenient for you.

You may have to wait longer than usual for your repair appointment and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Emergency repairs will continue to be treated as a priority.

If you are not home when we attend to complete your general repair, it will be cancelled and we will not call out again. Please call us on 0344 736 0063 to arrange a new date and time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I live in a PR8 or PR9 postcode – will you carry out my repairs?

Due to the emergence of the South African strain of Covid-19, we have suspended all non urgent repairs from 2 February 2021. We will continue to carry out emergency repairs and essential servicing checks. If you need to report a non urgent repair, please call us on 0344 736 0066. We will log your repair and will contact you to arrange a suitable appointment at a later date.

 I live in a PR8 or PR9 postcode – will you carry out my planned maintenance work?

All planned maintenance (including new kitchens and bathrooms and the installation of windows and doors) has been suspended in these areas for the time being. We will contact all residents affected to advise further.

Are you still carrying out repairs?

Yes, in line with Government health and safety guidance we are carrying out both responsive and emergency repairs. 

How can I report a repair?

You can report your repair through the following channels:

• Online through the Hub

• Emailing

• Sending us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter

If I report a repair now, when will it be completed?

We usually aim to carry out a non-emergency repair within 20 working days. However, this may take a little longer during the current situation. We will carry out your repair as soon as possible. If the issue gets worse while you are waiting for work to be carried out, please contact us immediately.

How will you keep people in my household safe while you carry out my repair?

Your safety and the safety of our staff is our number one priority. From Monday 27 July 2020, all operatives and contractors will wear facemasks when in your home and in communal areas. This is to keep both you and them safe. To maintain social distancing measures while they are in your home, they may ask you to stay in a different room while work is carried out. We will call you before we attend your home to check that no one in the home is self-isolating. If anyone is self-isolating, we will arrange another appointment to carry out your repair.

I was shielding -  will you carry out my repair? 

Yes, we will carry out your repair if you are shielding.

I am self-isolating, can I still have repairs carried out?

Whether you are self-isolating because you have symptoms or because you are required to through the track and trace programme, we cannot carry out repairs on your property. If you are due a repair and you are self-isolating, please let us know so we can re-book your appointment.

I live in an over 55’s scheme – will you carry out my repair?

Yes, we will be carrying out repairs in over 55’s accommodation. This will include both emergency and non-emergency repairs.

I need a repair, but I don’t want anyone in my house – can I wait to report it?

We understand that you may not want others in your home right now and that is ok. However, we do ask that, if there is something that is causing damage to your home, you report it to us as soon as possible, so we can resolve the issue before it becomes any worse.

Will emergency repairs still be prioritised?

Yes, we will continue to prioritise emergency repairs and aim to respond within four hours as usual. Planned and major works have now been remobilised from and include; Electrical testing, porches, windows and doors, roof works and heating system upgrades. If you are on any of these programmes, we will contact you to arrange a date for the work to start.


Government support

Government Support for the Self Employed

We are aware that the Government has introduced a scheme to support our suppliers and partners who are self-employed. This scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant worth 80% of your trading profits up to a maximum of £2,500 per month for the next 3 months. This may be extended if needed.

Further information is available here

Government support for those self-isolating

The Government have recently introduced a support payment for people on low incomes in areas with high rates of COVID-19, who need to self-isolate and can’t work from home. Starting from Tuesday 1st September, those eligible for the scheme and, who test positive with the virus, will receive £130 for their 10-day period of self-isolation. Other members of their household, who have to self-isolate for 14 days, will be entitled to a payment of £182. Non-household contacts advised to self-isolate through NHS Test and Trace will also be entitled to a payment of up to £182, tailored to the individual length of their isolation period.

Further information is available here


Property management

Will scheme inspections still be taking place?

Scheme inspections will continue to take place under Government health and safety guidance to ensure the safety of the building. It is our top priority to keep our residents and staff safe, therefore we are not offering face to face meetings at this time. If you wish to speak to your property manager or arrange a virtual meeting, please contact us on or 0344 736 0063.

Can I still call you if I need to discuss my tenancy/lease/property?

Yes, you can still call us on 0344 736 0063, or email us on

Can I still contact you in an emergency?

Yes. Our customer contact centre and our emergency out of hours service remain open. You can get in touch by telephone on 0344 736 0063, or by email on


Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour

If you have experienced criminal behaviour and are concerned for the safety of yourselves or others, please call the police immediately by dialling 999. 

Can I still report anti-social behaviour (ASB)?

You can still report ASB by emailing or by calling 0344 736 0063.

Will my complaint be taken seriously?

Of course. We take all reports of anti-social behaviour seriously. Depending on the nature of your complaint, an ASB case may be opened. Following this, you will be contacted by a member of our Neighbourhood Team and kept up to date on the investigation.

We understand that there may be an increase in the number of complaints we receive due to people spending more time at home and will not investigate complaints relating to normal household noise or day to day living.

What if my neighbour is breaching government guidelines on social distancing?

Please report these instances to the police on 101. Some local police forces have set up dedicated web pages to report breaches of government guidelines relating to social distancing. We will work with the police and other local agencies to identify these cases.

What if I need a home visit or the case is urgent?

The health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority. As a result, we are not carrying out any home visits at this time. We will continue to work with our partners and other statutory agencies to manage any serious and urgent complaints.


Domestic abuse

What if I am suffering domestic abuse and need help or my neighbour needs help?

There is never an excuse for domestic abuse, no matter what the circumstances are. If you or someone you know who lives in a Redwing or Regenda property is suffering from domestic abuse, please call us on 0344 736 0066. We can provide signposting information to local agencies who will be able to provide support.

If you are in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the police - the police will continue to respond to emergency calls.

If you are in danger and unable to talk on the phone, dial 999, listen to the questions from the operator and respond by coughing or tapping the handset if you can. Follow the instructions depending on whether you are calling from a mobile or a landline.

If you call from a mobile, press 55 when prompted to make yourself heard. This will transfer your call to the police. Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and does not allow police to track your location.

If you call 999 from a landline and only background noise can be heard, a BT operator will connect you to a police call handler if they cannot decide whether an emergency service is needed.

If you replace the handset, the landline may remain connected for 45 seconds in case you pick up again.

When 999 calls are made from landlines, information about your location should be automatically available to the call handlers to help provide a response.

You can also call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.  

Women’s Aid offers a live chat service at




From 4 January 2021, those who are clinically vulnerable will be asked to shield once again, and only leave home for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential. This advice comes into effect immediately.

What support is available to help customers? 

We understand that the coronavirus (Covid-19) is causing much anxiety and concern. If you are experiencing difficulties because you are self-isolating, please let us know and we will see if we can help.  

What if I need to leave my home?

Refuges are still open and offering support. You can also complete an online form if you prefer -  

Please remember that the household isolation guidance does not apply if you need to escape your home due to domestic abuse. Help and support are available at this time, including police response, online support, helplines, refuges and other services.  


Sales and Lettings

Is your branch still open?

Following the recent government guidelines, we're happy to confirm that our office will remain open Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm with reduced staff in place. We will continue to answer phone enquiries from 9 am – 5:30 pm Monday to Friday (subject to bank holidays).  Please note, all visitors and staff at our Duke Street office must wear a face covering, in line with government guidance.

I am due to move into a new home, will this still be taking place?

If you are in the process of buying a new home with Redwing which is due to complete imminently, the team will be in touch with you to discuss your specific arrangements.

Can I view a property?

If you are looking to move home, we can help! There are a number of changes in place to ensure viewings and sign-ups are keeping our staff and the people applying for our homes safe. We will follow all government guidelines when carrying out empty property viewings and new tenancy sign-ups. All viewings and sign-ups will be undertaken via appointment only and with social distancing measures in place. Prior to any appointment, we will ask anybody visiting the property whether they or a member of their household has any symptoms. If the answer is yes, we will rearrange the appointment. During your appointment, measures will be in place to ensure social distancing. This will include limiting the number of people attending the property, officers wearing personal protective equipment and officers remaining outside of the property while viewings take place. Any customer enquiries will be dealt with over the telephone. Please note it is very important that you follow this guidance to ensure the safety of everyone involved, your booking will be cancelled if this is not the case.

Stamp duty holiday 

We welcome the Government’s announcement made on the 8th July regarding the new stamp duty holiday. This will be a massive boost for people looking to own their own home, with purchases under the value of £500,000 exempt from stamp duty between now and March 2021.

To read more about our response to the stamp duty holiday please visit:

What is stamp duty and how does this all affect me?

Stamp duty is a lump-sum tax that anyone buying a property or land costing more than a certain amount must pay. The rate at which you’ll pay the tax varies depending on the price of the property and the type, for example if it is residential or commercial.

What does the new stamp duty holiday mean for me?

Previously, you would have paid stamp duty on homes sold for at least £125,000, or if you were a first-time buyer, on properties sold for more than £300,000. This has now raised a threshold of £500,000, so buyers will not pay stamp duty on purchases up to £500,000 in England and Northern Ireland.

I’m in the process of buying a property how will it affect me?

As long as you have not completed your purchase before 8th July 2020 and the property you are buying is under the new threshold of £500,000 you will not have to pay stamp duty.

I have just purchased a property and paid stamp duty, will I get it back?

The temporary stamp duty holiday came into force on 8th July. If you completed your purchase before then, you will not be able to claim back the stamp duty.

For more information please visit:


Suppliers and Contractors

Message to all our suppliers and partners

During this challenging operating environment in which we all find ourselves, we are working hard to ensure there is minimal disruption to our relationships with suppliers and partners.

We wanted to assure you that we have put in place new ways of working to ensure we can continue to place purchase orders, process invoices, and pay you on time whilst at the same time ensuring that are financial controls are sufficiently robust to guard against fraud.

If you experience issues with any of these please let us know as soon as possible using the contact details below. If you are facing financial challenges and would like to get in touch regarding earlier payment, again please let us know.


Telephone 0151 703 3143

It is a challenging operating environment in which we find ourselves and we are working hard to ensure there is minimal disruption to our relationships with contractors, suppliers and partners.

  • All non-emergency work at Redwing sites is suspended with immediate effect until further notice.

  • We will be in contact with you to reinstate non-emergency works as soon as it is appropriate to do so and will work with you to understand the resources required to get everything back on track.

  • You will be paid for all work completed in March 2020. If you are facing financial challenges and would like to get in touch regarding earlier payment, please let us know.